Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kava and lecithin

Today I made some kava in the way that I usually do (little bit of lemon-lime soda), but I added some egg yolk. The reason being egg yolk was the primary subject for the isolation of lecithin. So, since I don't have any lecithin granules I thought I'd try egg yolk, and get some extra protein in the process. The result was a horrid tasting concoction. To me, kava doesn't really taste that good, and using instant kava from nakamalathome.com adds a powdery texture to the already not-so-great taste. In spite of all that if you only use enough liquid to make it decent to shoot down your throat, you can avoid tasting it. Especially if you use a chaser. So yeah, it's like taking a shot. Except you won't get a hangover and you won't get drunk.

Anyway, did the addition of the egg yolk intensify the experience? Yeah. It did. I was beginning to think I was getting immune to kava. The last few experiences were very mild despite using Shaman Kava, which is very potent. Apparently lecithin does help in the extraction of kavaclones. But now that I think about it, since I'm using instant kava, have the kavaclones already been extracted? Maybe I just made a good batch.

Oh well, it was worth a try. I think maybe this summer I will finally make kava the right way. I want to get the full kava experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment